China Travel Service (Hong Kong) Limited (CTS) is committed to protecting your personal and data privacy. We ensure that our policies and practices in collecting, storing, using and transmitting personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
(1) Personal Data We Collect
To enable us to provide products and services to you from time to time, we collect the following information (whether via our website or your application) which you provide to us including but not limited to :
- Personal information (such as name, gender, date of birth, passport or personal identification information);
- Contact information (such as telephone, e-mail address, mailing address and fax number);
- Business information (such as your company name, business address, business telephone number and business e-mail address);
- Travel details (such as flight information, destination contact information, flight and hotel selection);
- Credit card information ( such as credit card number, name of cardholder, billing address and expiry date);
- Other data which is for specific service purpose in particular personal and contact information which is required in order to provide a specific service and if insufficient information is provided, we are unable to provide the specific purpose to you.
Refusal to provide the above information may deny you of access to certain parts of our website or may render us unable to handle any application/request you are making or may otherwise defeat the objectives of your visit.
If you are under the age of 18, consent from your parent or guardian is required before you give us the personal data.
When you visit our website, certain parts of our website may place a “cookie” on your computer device so that we can better serve you and/or maintain your information to save you from registering again when you re-visit the website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in future.
We may also collect information regarding your IP address, browser type, domain name and access time. This information is used for our own research purposes and is stored and dealt with separately from other data. We do not link IP address to any personal information. In rare instances, IP addresses may be used to assist in deterring and preventing abusive or criminal activity on the website.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other sites that are operated by third party companies with different privacy practices. You should remain alert when you leave our site and read the privacy statements of other websites. We have no control over Personal Data that you submit to, or the information you receive from, these third parties.
(2) Purpose for Collection and Use of Personal Data
We may use and retain your personal data for the following purposes :
- processing arranging and administering your reservation and/or travel services with or through us;
- processing any payment instructions requested by you including verification of your credit card, direct debit card, PPS, Paypal, Union Pay, or Alipay details with third parties;
- communicating with you on your account, the status of your reservation and/or travel services with us;
- subject to your consent, sending you information on our promotional products, new services and valuable news updates relating to us, our group companies and our business partners;
- processing application, administration, continuation and termination of your CTS membership.
Except as provided above, we will not knowingly or intentionally use or share the personal data you provide to us in ways unrelated to the above purposes without your prior consent.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing promotional information from us with respect to the products/services mentioned above, you may exercise your opt-out rights with CTS by following the opt-out instructions contained in the relevant marketing communications or writing to our representative of your consent when you provide your personal data.
(3) Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
In cases when we do collect personal data from you, we will: (a) tell you (by way of PICS or by a separate notification) that we are doing so and the use that we will make of such personal data we collect; (b) where relevant, give you the opportunity to object to the use of your personal data in direct marketing; and (c) tell you how we will store your personal data and how you can have access and correct the personal data we have stored.
We will take all practicable steps to keep your personal data confidential but we may transfer/assign such data to the following parties:
- our agents, contractors, other services providers and our group companies (including the shipping companies, hotels, travel agents, business partners for itinerary arrangement) for the provision of products and/or services that your ordered and/or subscribed to;
- banks, financial institutions and credit providers;
- our professional advisers, and any other person under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you
If it becomes necessary that we have to take action against you for any reason whatsoever including recovering from you any money you owe us, you expressly agree that the personal data provided by you can be relied upon in identifying and taking legal action against you.
(4) Security of Personal Data
Except as mentioned in the above paragraph, your personal data, however stored, will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorised to do so. Where personal data is stored electronically, it will be kept on a secured server and will be password-protected (or under some equivalent form of protection) and accessible only by authorised personnel of CTS or its contractors. Employees and contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so only in accordance with this PPS.
(5) Access to and Correction of Personal Data
If you want to access and/or correct the personal data that you have provided to us, or if you have any general question and/or complaints regarding our privacy policies and practices, please contact our Customer Services Manager in writing either by post or email at :-
By post: Ground Floor, CTS House, 78-83 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to your requests within 40 days, but we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
(6) Retention of Data
All Personal Data that has been collected from you will only be stored for the duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as required by applicable law, but in any event, not more than 7 years upon (i) termination of your membership and/or (ii) creation of transaction record.