Frequently asked Question

1.Do I need a Visa ?

China visa information.

2. I am single. Would I be safe to travel to China alone?

An escorted tour is the best way to travel around China because English is rarely spoken and a guide will take care of all details to ensure a memorable journey. Single travelers are invited to request shared accommodations, which can be a great way to meet new friends. Every effort will be made to find a suitable roommate. If a request for a roommate cannot be honored, the single supplement will apply.

The tours have been designed with your comfort and enjoyment in mind. Each tour provide offers something unique and exciting. All of the tour packages on this website offer the following features, except where indicated in the itinerary:

Guaranteed departure
Inter-city and surface transportation within China
All transfers
Hotel accommodations based on double occupancy at hotels specified (Hotel tax and service charge included in the tour price)
Full meals with symbols as follows:
B - Full American buffet breakfast
L - Lunch
D - Dinner
Guided sightseeing, including admission fees
English-speaking tour guides throughout your trip

3. What are the qualifications of the tour guide?

All guides in Hong Kong are well educated full-time CTS staff that undergo rigorous training on an ongoing basis with emphasis on local history and culture. They are bilingual in Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) and English with other languages available upon request. The Southeast Asia section has Korean, Japanese,Vietnamese, Indonesian and Hakka speaking guides.
National guides on the Chinese Mainland are university educated in Chinese history and languages.

It is the responsibility of all guides to welcome guests with our meet and greet at the airport/train station and transfer to their hotel. They attend to all matters relating to your stay in China, from sightseeing and transportation to shopping recommendations. They act as a friend would to show you the best sights in their home city.

4. What about tipping as a qratuity to the tour Guide?

This is not included in the tour price and solely at the discretion of the guests. If they feel the guide has done a fine job representing their interests, the recommended gratuity is USD$3 per day from each person. The guide will then share half of this gratuity with the bus driver.

5. Do I need a visa for Hong Kong?

Most people do not need a visa if travelling only to Hong Kong, for up to 30 days stay. Any entry into mainland China, however, requires a visa.

6. Why should I book with is the CTS portal of the largest travel agency in China backed by over 350 offices to provide local support and service. The site is a powerful online travel reservation system to book travel arrangements worldwide but primarily inbound to Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland. The 24 hour a day/7 days a week service allows users to book travel arrangements and receive confirmation online.

7. What about shopping and bargaining in Hong Kong and Macau?

There are numerous open air markets scattered throughout Hong Kong and bargaining is still commonplace in small shops that cater to tourists but may not be as lucrative as it once was. If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is!

Consider carefully the quality of the goods you are being sold. Take special care on Nathan Road in Hong Kong and around St. Paul's, the Border Gate and Penha Hill in Macau (where numerous travelers have had bad experiences though there are some honest shopkeepers). The best way to avoid this problem and take advantage of true bargains is to do research ahead of time. Know the model that you want and the selling price that it carries in your home country and don't succumb to a fast talking salesman that may want to substitute another model.

In Hong Kong, merchants that are members of the Hong Kong Tourist Association will display the HKTA logo in their shop window and they tend to be reliable. HKTA will assist with complaints through the Consumer Council.

Macau Government Tourist Office has an aggressive program to stop fraud. If you have a complaint against a shopkeeper, or any concerns regarding pricing, or quality of goods, an inspector is sent to investigate.

Consumer Council of Hong Kong (852) 2929 2222
Hong Kong Tourist Board (852) 2807 6543

Macau Government Tourist Office
Macau Fraud Hotline (853) 340 390